Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Getting to know you...getting to know all about you


I am Samantha and I'm the proud owner of this brand new blog!

Anyway, here's more about me. I love dancing and have been dancing ballet since I was 8. Jazz is another dance I practice and I am absolutely in love with it. I love performing...being on stage makes me feel alive. Besides being interested in the performing arts, I also enjoy visiting museums and art galleries. And because I'm Singaporean, I was born to love food. I LOVE ALL KINDS OF FOOD!!! If there's anything I'm adventurous about, it would have to be food. Trying different cuisines originating from all over the world is a cultural experience in its own right and could be a refreshing change for the less adventurous locals who only swear by their Katong Laksa, chicken rice and maybe the yummy but oh so sinful prata (because they’re oblivious to the other exotic fare out there).

Being the foodie that I am, I also enjoy cooking and baking, though I've always wished cleaning up and dish washing never existed. I know, you must be thinking, "I thought ballerinas and dancers alike are all anorexic, hate food, and absolutely skinny". Well, there are always exceptions. Of course, I hit the gym regularly (yes, I’m a self-confessed gym rat) to off set my unusually insatiable appetite...and, I use my good old uZap to stay in shape!

I’m just giving a special mention to Osim’s uZap because I emerged the winner in a competition last year and am now the product ambassador for uZap. You may see me in the uZap promo videos at some of the Osim outlets around Singapore, posters in Malaysia as well as in past copies of 8 Days Magazine, I-weekly magazine and the TODAY newspaper.The whole experience has been very exhilarating, with me having been able to work under one of the world’s top modeling agencies, meeting local celebrities and getting phone calls for interviews. But, I’m nowhere near to being a celebrity, really. The only people who recognize me on the streets are…my friends. I really am still an ordinary girl slogging hard to earn herself a degree. *sob*

I believe most girls probably don’t have the chance to experience what I got to experience at my age and it’ll be fun to tell my future grandchildren stories from my younger days. Thus, the modeling/publicity stint is something I’d be able to smile back upon in the future. As for my career, I’d love to land myself a job as a radio DJ or a TV presenter (a TV presenter for a lifestyle/FOOD program would be ideal!) Hmm..Let’s see what blogging can do for my dream career! :)

Links:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=610220316
http://www.friendster.com/2743999

5 comments:

Renhao said...

You've got to change the friendster link to your profile page Sam, otherwise we'll all just go to our own home pages haha.

And I don't understand how you can call prata sinful when you eat just about everything else. With fervour and passion. Heheheh.

ruz.rasid said...

thanks for your comment on my blog! you can check out blogskins.com too for blog designs - i got mine from there actually.. best wishes for your endeavours yar :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the milo! You lead of graceful sway...

Kevin said...

Right Prata isn't sinful. It's considered safe unless you overload yourself with it. I do hope you'll get more exposure via your blog in pursuing your dream of becoming a Radio/TV presenter. :)

Samantha said...

Oh, i love food too much! (Yes, Renhao, you've seen the way I load my tummy with refreshments in class so..)
And, thanks, Rus, for the bloggie info :)